RSD are currently working with an Industry leader within the Civil Engineering industry, they are renowned as a fantastic business to work for with endless opportunities for progression and training.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be writing high quality BID responses. Co-ordinating the bid response through good commercial and business acumen, developing and maintaining a knowledgeable base of answers and templates, as well as identifying ways to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of the bid process. The ideal person will be an excellent communicator, as you will be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure submissions are made on time and to the high standards.
You will have superb English writing, grammar, spelling and vocabulary, the ability to understand technical concepts and tender questions and be able to provide clear and concise responses whilst working to tight deadlines and challenging targets.
As the ideal candidate for this job, you should be able to write effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines. Have the skills to work within a team and to get accurate, high quality information from all bid stakeholders to produce bid material is essential.
• Degree in a communicative subject such as English, marketing, engineering, environmental, management or its equivalent
• Ability to question, think laterally and monitor multiple activities at once.
• Co-ordinate and submit excellent standard bids in both the public and private sectors.
• Ensuring the tender team has a full understanding of the Client requirements.
• Significant operational contribution to the tender process by writing, reviewing and finalising the bids.
• Liaise with the individuals and departments who are responsible for delivering the project/or services to the Client, to ensure that what is being bid can be delivered
• Coordinate with subcontractors for technical data input and liaise with estimators to obtain the information they need for pricing.
• For this opportunity great organisational/communication skills will be crucial.
• Delivery of compliant, attractive, professionally produced proposals within customer defined time frames
• Strong written English language skills to craft stories and highlight our core benefits.
• Engaging with client and customer stakeholders
• Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships
• Substantial experience using MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio.
• Proven bid team involvement.
• Can demonstrate effective bid writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience within the construction industry
• Produce post-bid reviews and hand over documentation.
• The ability to innovate and continually improve, through reinvention, our approach to bid responses
• Experience with Estimating/ bid management/Site management/ site agent /QS roles
• Understanding of temporary works and construction sequence – risks, costs and schedule implications. Producing cost estimates. H&S.
• Producing commercials tender submissions with an understanding of cash flow, risks and opportunities, the contract and schedule.
• Project management on a variety of programmes and projects, taking responsibility for the safe delivery of our projects to meet programme and budget requirements, whilst maintaining high quality standards.
• Contract administration, including invoicing, forecasting, schedule management, quality documentation.
• Identify and pursue new business opportunities within existing contracts and supporting opportunities across the wider business.
• Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities
• Strong commercial awareness and experience Desirable:
• Good understanding of the technical work undertaken in the water, maritime, utilities and or environment sector
• Proven ability to lead and win new tender opportunities
• Proven ability to work under a range of contract forms, in particular NEC
• Experience of writing bids within the UK Maritime and Land Defence sectors.
If this job peaks your interest, or you feel you could really progress in an environment that pushes for excellence and encourages growth, apply directly or send your CV to
for immediate consideration
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: West Glamorgan
Electrical Engineer Are you a Multiskilled Technician/Engineer looking for your next career move? Are you looking to work on a...Apply For This Job
Electrical maintenance technician, starting salary of £40,200 – £42,000 depending on experience, plus c£5,000 in overtime, increasing to up to...Apply For This Job
Commercial Assistant – required for your client who are a well-established Principal Civil Engineering Contractor based in South wales. he...Apply For This Job
Maintenance Manager Newport Circa £40,000 (Negotiable DOE) + Benefits Package Days Based Alternating Weeks – Monday to Friday 6am to...Apply For This Job
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Mechanical Fitters for on site contract requirements based in North Wales . These...Apply For This Job