Anderselite are currently looking for an Environmental Clerk of Works (ECOW) to join a South Wales based Consultancy team.
The position is full time offering the opportunity to develop, implement and support across the business a range of project and business sustainability strategies and winning future work.
As an Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) you will provide advice on ecological and environmental areas during the construction phases of the project. Typical issues include protected species, pollution, surface water management, material management, air quality and noise.
Reporting directly to the team you will work closely with the scheme project managers, your duties will include:
• Conducting ecological and habitat surveys, producing reports with recommendations for mitigation and site survey records.
• Providing continued site checks for notable and protected species prior to clearance and destructive searches.
• Monitoring sites and providing advice to the site construction teams regarding ecological constraints and mitigation solutions
• Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, planning conditions and associated documents (e.g. Construction Environment Management Plan – CEMP) and to help reduce risks and delays
• Being a key point of contact for client and stakeholder relationship, working closely with staff and contractors from several disciplines, notably ecologists, hydrologists, planners and engineers, to provide an integrated ECoW service.
• Having a good understanding of wider of ECoW complex issues and the ability to liaise with other specialists to raise issues and provide solutions.
• Supervising contractors and ensuring compliance with protected species license requirements and environmental protection measures
The Ideal Candidate
• Experienced as an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECow), particularly on civil engineering projects
• Degree or Diploma in Ecology / Environmental discipline or other relevant qualification.
• Have experience of a wide range of ecological issues relating to de-vegetation works, including protected species surveys and mitigation
• Good knowledge and experience of environmental and sustainability managements systems, such as ISO 14001, ISO50001, ISO20400, BS8001
• Good cross business team working, with experience of influencing staff at all levels
• Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
• Experience in Microsoft office (word, excel PowerPoint)
• Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
• Full Member of CIEEM or equivalent
• Full UK driving license
• Medically fit
• Desired: CSCS Card holder – training can be supplied if required.
• Desired: Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Work membership or accreditation.
Excellent salary and prospects as well as ongoing training and development provided
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: South Glamorgan
TeacherActive Cardiff have EXCITING opportunities as Recruitment Consultants to join their professional team. This role would be ideal for someone that has recently...Apply For This Job
TeacherActive is in the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, Top 20 in The Recruiter’s Fast 50 and one of...Apply For This Job
Have you got a background in recruitment or sales? Are you passionate about the Education sector? Do you have what...Apply For This Job
As a Project Manager working for our Public Sector client you will manage a refurbishment project in Wrexham. You will...Apply For This Job
TeacherActive Cardiff is expanding and new opportunities have become available for a Recruitment Resourcer to join the team! Recruitment experience is not necessary....Apply For This Job
Environmental Consultant Cardiff Ref: ALG2816 We are currently looking for an Environmental Consultant to join a multi-disciplinary company based in...Apply For This Job