Job Title Logging Technician
Contract type Permanent
Here at RPS, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Logging Technician to join our team in Cardiff working on our United Utilities contract.
We’re RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design, and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you’ll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
What you’ll be doing
* Daily deployment and retrieval of noise logging equipment on to the clean water network across the region
* Ensuring all access points are secured and safe after placing and retrieving equipment
RPS is committed to investing in you and your career development and progression so we don’t mind how much experience you have – we will train you on everything you will need to be successful in this role and beyond, which will include: RPS Induction Course, Working in the Highway (NRSWA unit 2), EUSR relevant qualifications, a role specific training and continual on-the-job training and development
Who we’re looking for
* Focussed on health and safety
* Physically able to lift manhole covers and heavy objects
* Enjoys working outdoors in all weather conditions
* Willing and able to work alone and shows responsibility towards company assets and equipment
* A can-do attitude and gets the job done, takes pride in whatever task you are asked to do
* Full UK driving licence (preferably clean)
* Able to read plans and schematic diagrams
* Good written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Here you’ll find true support and encouragement. We’re an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
What happens next?
If we think you are a good match, we will be in touch to arrange an interview
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and if you’d like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact us
Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online.
Health and Safety
This role may involve:
* Moving heavy items including manhole covers
* Working in all weather conditions (this could include night work also)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: Gwent
Job Objectives & Responsibilities * To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance...Apply For This Job
Assistant Estimator – Rail/Civils – Basingstoke, Highbridge/Cardiff Our client, an award-winning Rail contractor are looking to add to their team...Apply For This Job
Warehouse Operatives Treforest Location Our client who is a retail distributor is looking for Warehouse Operators to work part time...Apply For This Job
Opportunity for a yard operator to join a profitable company that continually invest in their sites The organisation is a...Apply For This Job
IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE ***** ***** PERMANENT POSITION ***** ***** £1000 Bonus "T&C's Apply" ***** Acorn Recruitment is recruiting for a...Apply For This Job