Responsible for producing daily production plans, whilst managing S&OP for effective factory capacity verses sales demand planning disciplines.
* Ensuring Planning targets are met within deadlines, without compromising quality or control of costs
* Ensuring that Quality, H&S and other Company policies are adhered to and liaising with relevant departments to ensure issues are resolved
Specific Planning Duties
* Utilise plan to ensure raw materials are available to produce products
* Ensure all planned sales volumes are entered into production plans
* Record and maintain daily KPI data
* Work with procurement for raw material requirements to satisfy the planned volume in advance.
* Manager the Despatch function, all Despatch FLT driver activities / tasks, manning rota’s in line with the demands of the business.
* Implement best practice with regards to pick productivity, optimisation of pick rates through effective staging of stocks held, for most conducive pick path.
* Ensuring that stock levels are at optimum levels, based on average rates of sale.
* Strong planning skills with ability to implement bespoke processes and procedures, leading to the effective tracking of performance.
* Deliver plans to department managers ensuring completion of planned volumes (attainment).
* Build and manage relationships with external and internal teams
* Supply in good time weekly a report that highlights imbalances of stock.
* Communicate effectively with internal procurement, sales, production and key customer contacts with regards to current and future activity.
* Inform sales department well in advance of availability of surplus stocks to avoid last minute sales.
* Participation in the review of current systems and contribute to continuous improvement in line with organisational strategy
* Ability to deliver to meet the timescales and specifications of both internal and external customers
* Managing stock levels within product life and available storage capacity.
* Check stock sheets, confirming dates and stock rotation are acceptable and incorporated into the production plan, and making changes to production lines where necessary through involving the relevant Production and Warehouse Managers.
* Documenting all planning historical information and data, producing relevant reports as required.
* To establish an improved production planning routine, working closely with supply chain and manufacturing management to understand the ‘rules of engagement’ or planning assumptions (master scheduling routines, speciation, minimization of changeovers, optimization of production runs in line with sales demand and available space within the warehouse, stroke rates, theoretical verses demonstrated, manufacturing output, yield, customer demand and available time).
* To assist with the development of MRP (material requirement planning), by establishing ‘average / typical’ usages by raw material type linked to minimum and maximum stock holding thresholds, that in turn will ‘trigger’ subsequent process to ensure that the optimum level of raw material is held on stock to support the financial and operational requirements of the business.
* Working with the Operations Manager to develop and own the demand, and scenario planning processes. Carefully analysing new sales opportunities and available factory capacity for optimum scheduling and commercial decision making.
* Leading the S&OP (Sales & Operational Planning) process as part of the weekly planning routine, reporting upon increases that are apparent within the core sale by category (organic growth), and the forecasted manufacturing demand compared to available factory capacity, for advanced warning in terms of capacity constraints.
* You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Proactive and forward thinking, a natural problem solver.
* Possess good people skills.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: Dyfed
Manufacturing Operator Llanelli 37 hours per week Acorn Recruitment are supporting our client, a market leading automotive manufacturer, who are...Apply For This Job
Purpose of the role The key focus of area for this role is the management of the LIME project....Apply For This Job
We're looking for a talented Quality Assurance Manager to work for our client in Treforest, Pontypridd. They want to recruit...Apply For This Job
We're on the lookout for Food Production Operatives to join our well-established client based in Wrexham. Pay: * £9.95/h on...Apply For This Job
IMMEDIATE START** Production Operative Gorseinon, Swansea £9.44-10.69 per hour 37.5 hours a week minimum, overtime available frequently paid at time...Apply For This Job
Maintenance Engineer Role in Abergavenny, £36,000 – £43,000 per annum Your new company One of the UK's largest food manufacturers...Apply For This Job