My client, GARDNERS is one of Europe's largest large format print manufacturers, based in the UK, delivering Print Excellence since 1976. They are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of print technology and providing their customers with the best opportunities to deliver their print campaigns, from creative conception, right through to installations and fulfilment. In August 2019 they became part of the Hexcite Group, a world-leading provider of bespoke immersive experiences for brands and retailers. They have an exciting role as Production Manager to join their team.
The Production Manager effectively and professionally controls and manages all aspects of production, ensuring workflow is successfully scheduled and managed by all production areas as per client requirements prior to dispatch in a cost-effective manner.
· Oversees and manages the efficient and professional running of the production department in accordance with the production plan, escalating any issues, as necessary to the Production Director, communicating action plan for resolution.
· Lead and work as an effective member of the production management team, along with other functions within the production area, to ensure production output meets dispatch requirements.
· Responsible for managing and delegating work to departmental managers ensuring completion of workload as per production plan.
· Oversees, communicates and monitors daily production objectives along with performance, progress and targets of operatives instigating performance improvement plans as necessary.
· Day-to-day line management responsibility of departmental managers including HR related activities such as performance reviews, disciplinary/grievance meetings, management of short/long term absence including the timely completion of return to work forms.
· Ensures materials are sourced, stored safely and clearly identified at all times by each department.
· Reports all defects within the process such as job card errors and material shortages.
· Lead and ensure team compliance with Health & Safety, SOPs, ISO standards, Safe Systems of Work and HR processes, policies and procedures, including:
· general housekeeping ensuring that work area is clean, safe and tidy free from obstructions and waste at the start, during and end of shift.
· equipment is used safely and according to instructions, with no risk to individuals, other colleagues and visitors.
· all waste is recorded and disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and systems. Notifying the Planner if any rework is required
· Report and escalate any accidents, near misses or any instances where environmental procedures are broken or ignored.
· Supports on-the-job training and development of colleagues as necessary
Skills & Requirements:
· Solid experience in a managerial/production role within the print industry.
· Management experience and knowledge of print production processes and machinery.
· Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
· Proven track record of interpreting and making sound judgments involving a range of situations/facts.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to form effective relationships with colleagues at all levels.
· Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
What's it like working for Gardners?
Gardners currently employs around 100 dedicated staff and is a superb place to work if the printing industry excites you. They are clear market leaders in their field with an impressive list of top UK and international brands as their clients.
The Production Manager role comes with an excellent salary of up to £38k. (For an exceptional candidate they might consider extending this.)
Gardners believes in recognising talent and has an excellent reputation and record for both internal training and career development within the organisation. With many employees having developed rewarding, long-term careers over their time working there.
If the opportunity for working for a market leader that is constantly pushing the boundaries of print technology excites you, then we would love to hear from you
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: South Glamorgan
Anderselite are looking to appoint an Architectural Technician for a Swansea based firm to work on a variety of exciting...Apply For This Job
Digital Print Operator My client, GARDNERS is one of Europe's largest large format print manufacturers, based in the UK, delivering...Apply For This Job
Conrad Consulting, in partnership with a medium sized studio in North Wales are looking to fill a new vacancy within...Apply For This Job
Graphic Designer – 2 month tempoary The Opportunity Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a fast-growing organisation...Apply For This Job
Production Manager As a production Manager, you will Primarily be responsible for assisting with the delivery of one of Europe's...Apply For This Job