Are you looking for a part-time role? Would you like a role that could fit around your schedule? Do you like helping others reach their potential?
Randstad Student & Worker Support is looking for reliable and committed individuals to work with students at Cardiff University, Cardiff Metropolitan University and surrounding institutions in the area to provide Specialist Notetaking support for September 2021.
Working as a Specialist Notetaker you will be providing an essential service to students with disabilities whilst having the chance to learn something new every day. You will attend a variety of lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who find it hard to makes note themselves due to their disability.
– Flexible working hours
– E-learning and CPD
– 28 days holiday pay pro-rata
– £10 – £12 per hour – you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
– Working for the UK's leading provider
– Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
– Producing accurate and legible notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials, and group tasks
– Reviewing notes at the end of the lecture and ensuring that they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
– Maintaining a professional role as a notetaker and being aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
– Acting in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
– Have neat handwriting – able to produce notes in a legible and presentable manner
– Good typing skills – preferable
– Accurate spelling and grammar skills
– Punctuality and reliability
– You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
– Good organisational skills
– Ideally, you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
– Degree (Desirable)
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone assessment and also interviewed to discuss suitability for the role.
If you would like to start help make a difference in student's academic studies and have the above skills, then apply to this rewarding part time role!
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
Tagged as: South Glamorgan
Teaching Assistant With 1:1 Experience Needed – Cardiff Area Start Date- ASAP until 1st April 2022 Do you enjoy supporting...Apply For This Job
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking, teaching assistant who has the initiative and drive to work as...Apply For This Job
Primary Teacher January 2022 Have you recently graduated and gained your Qualified Teachers Status (QTS)? Are you looking to gain...Apply For This Job
Are you a passionate teaching assistant looking for work in Cardiff? Would you like a job that gives you variety,...Apply For This Job
Teaching Assistant November A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a TA / Teaching Assistant in an outstanding Primary school in...Apply For This Job